Fabric Face Masks
Face masks can slow the spread of COVID and help restore the economy.
Flax & Stitch face masks:
- are created with 2 layers of cotton fabric
- Outside: a layer of certified Oekotex cotton in various patterns
- Inside: a layer of untreated, unbleached organic cotton
- have an opening between the two layers allowing a third layer to slide in and act as an additional filter. This could be a paper towel, a coffee filter, a vacuum cleaner filter, a Swiffer style wipe etc.
- attach with YKK-brand elastic specifically designed for use with masks.
Face masks are not a replacement for other critically important things like staying home, frequently washing hands with soap and water and social distancing.
We did a lot of research before making our first face masks:
- Which fabric? Cotton, polyester, PUL…?
- Cotton – chosen for the combination of breathability (so that it can be worn for longer) and efficiency at capturing small particles.
- What size/design to best fit most people?
- The ‘concertina’ design enables a flexible fit on different shaped faces. (Have you ever seen a well fitting ‘duck-face’ mask?)
- Rather than compromise on the fit, we decided to make a smaller model for children or adults with slim faces.
This mask does not claim to be a surgical mask!
Let’s leave those for the medical staff to use.
A fabric face covering does not totally protect you from COVID.
The face mask acts as an additional barrier to prevent the spread of the virus from an infected person into the surrounding environment.
Face masks limit the transmission of the virus and also reduce the transmission by hand-mouth contact.
What do our customers say...?
- Adult Masks
- Kids Masks
|20cm x 20cm||€8.50|
|18cm x 18cm||€7.00|
Environmentally friendly, durable and hygienic.